Saturday, November 19, 2011

I finally finished it!!

I finally finished my comforter for my bed that I have been working on for so long!! It turned out so great!!  Here is the final product!!




I chalked on my design to do the machine quilting, which is why the stitching looks so extreme, but after I washed it, all looks well.

I did everything on this quilt myself, minus a few stitches in the middle and the very last minute of hand stitching needed on the binding.  I wanted to take my quilt to get it quilted, but it was just too expensive, but a lady in my stake gave me some great advice on how to machine quilt it myself on a regular machine; so that's what I did.  For free, plus the cost of thread.  And I really enjoyed it.  I learned so much, and it actually didn't take forever like I thought it might.  So happy to be done, and it looks wonderful on my bed!

No comments: