Friday, September 2, 2011

Books

I recently finished two books!! I read A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis and the Help by Kathryn Stockett.
 I recommend both.






This book was about C.S. Lewis grieving the death of his wife, and his struggle to trust in God and his feelings about an after life.  I am a big fan of Lewis, but this is one of his more easier reads, and it personally made me truly grateful to have the gospel in my life because I know, that, though death is a hard time for all those it hits, I am sure of where we are going after this life and that we will see each other again. It makes death not so hard to experience.  We all still need to go through the grieving process in our own way, but it helps to make things more comforting, not so sad or devastating.

Next, The Help


I thoroughly enjoyed the Help. I haven't seen the movie yet and I can't wait to see it!!  I love that America has come very far in the way we treat minorities, but there are still people who harbor resentment and ill feelings towards those of another skin color.  And having lived in the South, where the population is very diverse, this is hard for me to understand, since I grew up treating everyone the same.  I definitely recommend this book, and some time to just keep reading and reading because I couldn't put it down and I wanted to finish it as soon as I could. There are some downright funny parts and I found myself laughing out loud, and also being really sad as well!! great book!!

I have missed reading books, but with working and all that, I didn't have too much time to read or I would be too tired to read when I finally had some time.  The next set of books I am reading are the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe series once again.  It has been a while since I read them, so I am excited to start again!! can't wait!!!


No comments: