Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A little down

On Sunday, I wore a dress that I thought looked super flattering on me.  I was actually okay with the way that I looked, and feeling good. And after Sacrament Meeting, I was speaking with one of the parent's of my primary children and they said, "Wow, you are looking huge. When are you due?  Soon, right??"  I was totally taken aback (wondering why someone would say something so inappropriate) and honestly, offended, and lost whatever ounce of self-esteem that I did have that day.  Was I really that big?  Did I look bigger than most people?  had I gained too much weight?  All these questions have just seemed to bombard me the last few days.

However, yesterday, I went to the doctor and she measured my stomach, and I am at 25 cm, and I am 24 weeks, so that is right on schedule, and my weight is great.  So i am doing fine, but it still bothered me that people may think I look like a whale; when I already have issues with getting bigger and gaining weight.
Oh, the joys of pregnancy and the things we do for our kids.  Good thing we love them and want them.




No comments: